It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Plan View - Column Display of Change sets are in random order

Michelle Rivera (112) | asked Dec 15 '16, 11:40 a.m.
edited Dec 15 '16, 3:08 p.m.

Hello,

We are on CM/RTC 6.0.1

Using the web client - I have a Plan, edited the view to display the column "Change sets".  ((( See attached image taken from my Plan, showing the change sets column - this looks great.)))  The change sets are numbered (1, 2, 3, etc) and the numbers are active links which I can 'rich hover' to see more info (Date, comment, etc).

OBSERVATION:  For some work items, when I hover over the highest number, it is not the latest change set, rather, the first changeset

QUESTIONS:  Can someone please advise? This seems to be a bug/defect??

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Sorry my reputation is <60 & wouldn't let me upload the image

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 15 '16, 2:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 15 '16, 3:03 p.m.
What is the question? See How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

PS, if you assume there should be an temporal/alphabetical ordering of the cange sets, the assumption is most likely wrong. It is most likely fetched and displayed in the order the link API provides it. There is alos not necessarily any relationship between the change sets - except they are linked to the same work item and ordering would likely just be overhead.

Comments
Michelle Rivera commented Dec 15 '16, 3:08 p.m.

Thank you, read your guidance & have edited my question

Michelle Rivera commented Dec 15 '16, 3:51 p.m.

Not assuming as you accuse me of in you comment. The change set active links are NUMBERED.  So, logically, ordinary people like me interpret the lowest number as the earliest check-in to source control.  Below is NOT happening in the (web) RTC Plan

#1 - 11/12/2016

#2 - 11/31/2016

#3 - 12/1/2016

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 16 '16, 3:59 a.m. | edited Dec 16 '16, 4:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That something has a number does not mean that it will be sorted by it. So this is an assumption.

The numbers in the Plan web UI are artificial to allow you to select one change set and see what it is and drill down if needed. They are not a property of the change set. And in fact the number is not even for the change set, it is for the change set work item association.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.