It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Program and Portfolio in Rational Insight

Shaveta Shaveta (122) | asked Mar 25 '13, 11:56 a.m.
Hi there, I see the Rational Insight 1.1.1.1 has a concept of Program and Portfolio. How is this data populated in the warehouse? We are using CLM 4.0.1 with it.

Also, we are looking to roll up data for multiple iterations across multiple projects and are hoping to use one of these concepts for this rollup without too much customization. Any ideas how can this be done with minimum customizations.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Mar 25 '13, 12:00 p.m.
Hi Shaveta,
Program and Portfolio are not populated by default by the CLM products.  You could customize to add a project to a Program or Portfolio without many changes to use these concepts, but it won't be done by default.

Hope this helps!

Comments
Shaveta Shaveta commented Mar 25 '13, 12:12 p.m.

When you say a project can be added to portfolio or program. How is this done. Is there a front end? Or this is done directly in the database?

Also, can I select certain iterations of a project rather than the whole project area.

The problem we have is that some iterations across multiple project areas makes a release for us. So, I am looking for ideas to achieve this and report as a whole on closed/opened defect counts etc.

Jackie Albert commented Mar 25 '13, 3:21 p.m.

You could do it manually in the database, or you could customize your ETL to perform this step. 

I don't know how you would do this on a per-Iteration base without some customization, because I believe the current relationship in the database/data model is Project-Program or Project-Portfolio.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.