It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get a list of all baselines in a component to populate a field?

Bruno Eugênio (1135) | asked Mar 21 '13, 3:05 p.m.
Hello, 

I'm new on RTC world and there's some doubts in my mind... 
Here, the teams like to indentify all of Change Requests baselined with the baseline number that solicitation was done. However, in RTC I don't see any options for getting this information in Work Item's editor page. 
I'd like to do something like a "Found In" field but, filled with a list of all baselines in the project. Is it possible?

Thank you! 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 22 '13, 3:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bruno, as far as I can tell, there is not attribute type available for baselines. There is a type "Deliverable" which shows Releases, but that is not quite the same.

I have thought about it in the past and the only chance I see is to use a string/string list attribute and use the HTTP Filtered Value Set against RTC, as described in Jorge's blog and in the Process Enactment Workshop Lab 5. This assumes that the baselines are accessible using REST/OSLC calls, which I am not sure about. I didn't pursue that approach, but would be happy if someone else succeeded and shares how to get that info.

Comments
Bruno Eugênio commented Mar 22 '13, 9:04 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '13, 9:55 a.m.

Hi Ralph, thanks for helping me. these links in your answer are good articles for getting started my research.

And yes: If someone else succeeded in this customization, feel free for sharing.  
If not, wait because I'm going to study this when I get some free time at office. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.