It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When promoting source and outputs to the IBM i, why doesn't the source get uploaded to the i?

Richard Hebron (6078) | asked Mar 14 '13, 3:43 p.m.
edited Mar 14 '13, 3:44 p.m.
When selecting "Promote source and outputs", the promotion bring the object up to the i, but not the source.  I then notice that in the Pending Changes view, the incoming change set is still there.  Next I kickoff a promotion build.  The change set is accepted into the workspace, but the source is still not uploaded to the i.

With the "Promote source only" option, I get the change set in Pending Changes.  When I run a build, the source is uploaded to the i.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Aishwarya Hariharan (41) | answered Mar 22 '13, 6:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When selecting "Promote source and outputs" option,  the object library is synced with the latest output objects.  The promotion feature never updates the source library,it only updates the stream that has the latest version of the source code that is shared by the team. When you kick off a promotion build, the source is not uploaded because during the promotion the output objects as well as the build maps were updated and consequently when the build is run it is detected that there is nothing new to build hence the source is not loaded to the i.

In the case of "Promote source only"option, only the source code in the stream is updated and when a build is run it is detected that there are changes to be built and the source gets uploaded to the i.
Richard Hebron selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.