It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

4.0.6 buildforge.socketTimeout build engine setting, when does that come into play?

Martina Riedel (20323341) | asked Mar 20 '14, 1:10 p.m.
I just looked at https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.6?p=news, the section about Build Forge integration enhancements.

I have been dealing with an issue where JBE adaptor calls to load a workspace from Build Forge time out when RTC is busy (at night when RTC DB maintenance jobs run).
It is basically the same issue that I asked about in jbe adaptor times out. It has now become an issue again.

My question is: what timeout between which parts is controlled by the buildforge.socketTimeout build engine setting and what are the use cases when one would want to increase it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 24 '14, 2:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The timeout there is to finish out stale builds in RTC.  If nothing is received for the timeout period then the RTC buidl will be marked finished, but incomplete.  So the timeout should be increased if you have builds that have exceptionally long steps, which would wrongly report that the BF build went away.

~Spencer
Martina Riedel selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 24 '14, 2:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The timeout there is to finish out stale builds in RTC.  If nothing is received for the timeout period then the RTC buidl will be marked finished, but incomplete.  So the timeout should be increased if you have builds that have exceptionally long steps, which would wrongly report that the BF build went away.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.