It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does deleting repository workspace actually delete files in an outgoing changeset?

Jaygee Santos (272813) | asked Jun 17 '13, 11:40 a.m.

Hello. 

I added some files into my repository workspace in RTC and it's checked-in and the changeset if under Outgoing changes under Pending changes.

I deleted my repository workspace and clicked Ok when it warned me that the outgoing changeset will be lost.

My question is, does this actually remove the files from the source component and it's not just hiding it (like an rmname would do in ClearCase)?

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 17 '13, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The wording may be a bit too severe but the change set isn't deleted. It will still exist in the repository but may be difficult to find. If you haven't associated a work item with the change set and it doesn't exist in another repository workspace or stream, you would have to find it by searching for change sets and specifying properties like the owner, creation date, files changed, etc.

It's not that the files are removed from the source component. It's the configuration of that component (ie. the change sets) that is lost because no backup baselines are created for the components before deleting the repository workspace.
Jaygee Santos selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jaygee Santos commented Jun 17 '13, 12:53 p.m. | edited Jun 17 '13, 1:31 p.m.

Thanks Tim.

samuel wang commented Jul 31 '14, 3:55 p.m.

if discarding a changeset under  Outgoing changes,  will the discarded changeset be delivered to Stream?

Robert Wen commented Jul 31 '14, 4:22 p.m.

If you're discarding a changeset under outgoing changes (in other words, you're not delivering the changeset), the changeset will not be delivered to the stream. 

Tim Mok commented Aug 01 '14, 8:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You'll always have to deliver the change set to get it into the stream. A discard will never perform a deliver for you. The deliver should be done first and then the discard. You can't deliver a change set to a stream unless you have a location that has the change set (ie. workspace or stream).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.