It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error trying to validate remote Data Warehouse database during Rational Insight 1.1.1.1 setup?

Derek White (3366) | asked Mar 14 '13, 9:14 a.m.
I have installed Rational Insight 1.1.1.1 on a Windows 2008 server, and I'm trying to create and configure the databases on a remote AIX server.

The Content Store is fine, but I cannot validate the Data Warehouse database. It just tells me that "The database was created by a previous version. Run the migration tool to migrate the data warehouse to the current version."

I created the RIDW database with the correct buffer pools and tablespaces, and successfully ran all the scripts that were generated.

I then went back and tried to create a local database and this was created and validated without a problem. I even tried taking this local database and using db2move to move it to the remote server, but still got the same error when trying to validate it.

Anyone seen this behaviour?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Mar 14 '13, 12:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Derek - good stuff.  Yes the Run Now button can execute the script against the remote database.
Derek White selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Mar 14 '13, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Derek,

On the page in the setup where it asks you to run the migration tool, did you notice a button that says "Run now" ?

Could you add a screen shot of the screen where you are hitting the issue?

Regards,
Ali

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Mar 14 '13, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We saw this same error on one of our servers but it did not seem to have an ill effect - the other server had no errors and we went through the same process.  There is no run now button like there was in 1.1.1 - it is gone.

permanent link
Derek White (3366) | answered Mar 14 '13, 12:55 p.m.
When I first created the remote database, "Run Now" and "Save" buttons appeared after I clicked on the "Validate" button. I selected Save (because I thought Run Now would only work with a local database), copied the scripts to the remote server and ran them from there.

This time I chose Run Now, and it worked perfectly! So, problem solved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.