It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Field don't retain values on web

Sergio Polastri (311515) | asked Mar 11 '13, 11:37 a.m.
 We have some fields that when modifying from web they don't retain the values, but when using from web (ANY BROWSER) they do.

Timestamp fields.

RTC 4.0

PERMISSIONS OK.
ROLES OK.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '13, 11:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sergio,

to me the question does not make sense as you refer to the web twice. You might want to consider trying to edit your question so that it makes more sense, if you expect others to attempt to answer.

Sergio Polastri commented Mar 11 '13, 12:21 p.m.

We have some fields on a Workitem type. Timestamp fields. Using the RTC client, we modify these fields (put a date) and save the Workitem. The RTC reatains the values saved. Using the RTC Web (using any browser) RTC don't retains the values and the values became null (blank).

Eric Jodet commented Mar 12 '13, 11:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sergio,
possibly, the same attribute is presented - present - more than once.
I have seen similar behavior when one duplicated tabs, and had some attributes present on various tabs.
In this case, update the attribute value - on focus lost, new value is cleared.

Sergio Polastri commented Mar 13 '13, 2:23 p.m. | edited May 07 '15, 3:45 p.m.

Hello Eric Jodet, thank you for your reply.

No we double-checked and the fields are not duplicated.

Any news?

Konstandinos Saipas commented May 07 '15, 1:11 p.m. | edited May 09 '15, 11:58 p.m.

I am experiencing the same issue with the built-in attributes for Modified Date and Modified By. When I open a workitem via the GUI often the Modified Date is set to None and Modified By is set to Unassigned.  When I open the same record via the RTC Eclipse client I can see the correct values there.

One answer

permanent link
Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | answered May 07 '15, 1:25 p.m.
 Looks like this issue is fixed in RTC 5.0.2; Checked on both IE and Chrome.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.