It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Create an InLine Work Item Editor when Creating New Work Item Type

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Mar 31 '17, 2:08 p.m.

In RTC I created a new Work Item Type, let's say "Test".  I created an "Editor Presentation" for this new work item type and called it "team.lab.workitem.test".  I generated a few tabs called "Overview", "Inputs", "History".  It looks good and works fine.  Now I want to access this from QM.  First question: How to do you change the options under "Change Request"?

Apparently the options under the QM "Change Request" are tied to the "InLine Work Item Editor".  For my new Work Item I look in the drop down menu next to "InLine Work Item Editor" and I see "team.lab.workitem.overview", "team.lab.workitem.inputs" and "team.lab.workitem.history".  Where do these come from?  Are these "auto-magically" derived from the full "Work Item Editor"? I see other existing ones from the default Work Items.  What's the best way to create a "InLine Work Item Editor"?  Should I create a new "Work Item Editor", include "inline" in the ID and then generate the tabs that I want? Cannot find any documentation on this.

Thanks!   

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 02 '17, 10:28 p.m.

I put this link in your other post. Maybe it helps.
https://jazz.net/library/article/463

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.