It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List of action/state change depending on Attribute value

Girish Chandra P (853246) | asked Mar 04 '13, 1:02 a.m.
I need to popup the Actions Dynamically A1,A2 depending on the Attribute Value .Is it possible ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 04 '13, 3:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Girish,

I am not sure if I understand the question. Please try to provide more context on your questions.

If you are asking if it is possible to limit available actions to change a work item state in the UI's, I think that this is not possible today. The UI's grab all available state changes and display them. You can however create an advisor to prevent a state change, in case the attribute is set and the action/new state combination is not desired. The advisor would provide some meaningful text to the user. I would personally not like to work with such a process. I would much rather like a workflow to be straight forward and if I need to do something to be able to go into another state, I would prefer a required attribute or something like that, clearly indicating what I am supposed to do. If you create a complicated workflow you might want to consider to follow this blog to show your users what they can do: http://jazzpractices.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/what-state-are-you-in-and-where-can-you-go/

If you want to go into creating an advisor you can start investigating here: http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/

I would

Comments
Girish Chandra P commented Mar 04 '13, 4:22 a.m.

I will explain the context here.

States Available : S3
Actions : A1, A\2
Boolean Attribute with value YES and NO

Let me state that I am currently in state  S3 ,  My actions will be A1,A2 ...

Here the problem is I need to see A2 only when  Boolean value is YES  and A1 when NO .

Warm Regards
Girish

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '13, 4:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As already explained above, I think this is not possible today. What you can do is create an advisor that prevents the state change to the forbidden state. Several built in advisors/preconditions do similar things.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.