It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List of action/state change depending on Attribute value

Girish Chandra P (853246) | asked Mar 04 '13, 1:02 a.m.
I need to popup the Actions Dynamically A1,A2 depending on the Attribute Value .Is it possible ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 04 '13, 3:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Girish,

I am not sure if I understand the question. Please try to provide more context on your questions.

If you are asking if it is possible to limit available actions to change a work item state in the UI's, I think that this is not possible today. The UI's grab all available state changes and display them. You can however create an advisor to prevent a state change, in case the attribute is set and the action/new state combination is not desired. The advisor would provide some meaningful text to the user. I would personally not like to work with such a process. I would much rather like a workflow to be straight forward and if I need to do something to be able to go into another state, I would prefer a required attribute or something like that, clearly indicating what I am supposed to do. If you create a complicated workflow you might want to consider to follow this blog to show your users what they can do: http://jazzpractices.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/what-state-are-you-in-and-where-can-you-go/

If you want to go into creating an advisor you can start investigating here: http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/

I would

Comments
Girish Chandra P commented Mar 04 '13, 4:22 a.m.

I will explain the context here.

States Available : S3
Actions : A1, A\2
Boolean Attribute with value YES and NO

Let me state that I am currently in state  S3 ,  My actions will be A1,A2 ...

Here the problem is I need to see A2 only when  Boolean value is YES  and A1 when NO .

Warm Regards
Girish

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '13, 4:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As already explained above, I think this is not possible today. What you can do is create an advisor that prevents the state change to the forbidden state. Several built in advisors/preconditions do similar things.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.