It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.02 auto send Email after one build finished?

Anson Liu (1111) | asked Nov 14 '11, 10:16 a.m.
I am using RTC2.02, I wanna to know how to configure to make RTC could auto send email after one build finished. Anyone could help me? Thanks a lot.

4 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 14 '11, 11:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using RTC2.02, I wanna to know how to configure to make RTC could auto send email after one build finished. Anyone could help me? Thanks a lot.

Note: I'm fairly sure this is available in RTC 2.0.0.2, but I could be wrong. If it is available then follow these steps:

When creating a new Build Definition, in the wizard, on the "Additional Configuration" page, select "Email Notification". You then can customize the notification criteria on that tab for when/how emails will be sent out for builds from that Build Definition.

For existing build definitions, click on the drop down arrow to the right of the "Build Definition" header (at the top left of the Build Definition editor). Select
"Edit Configuration" --> click "Other" and select "Email Notification"

permanent link
Anson Liu (1111) | answered Nov 15 '11, 4:25 a.m.

Note: I'm fairly sure this is available in RTC 2.0.0.2, but I could be wrong. If it is available then follow these steps:

When creating a new Build Definition, in the wizard, on the "Additional Configuration" page, select "Email Notification". You then can customize the notification criteria on that tab for when/how emails will be sent out for builds from that Build Definition.

For existing build definitions, click on the drop down arrow to the right of the "Build Definition" header (at the top left of the Build Definition editor). Select
"Edit Configuration" --> click "Other" and select "Email Notification"

David,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I could follow your steps in RTC3.01, it provide the "Email Notification" feature, but RTC2.0.0.2 do not have this feature.

So I am considering how to implement this "auto sending email" on RTC2.0.0.2.:)

Regards,
Anson

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 16 '11, 9:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

David,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I could follow your steps in RTC3.01, it provide the "Email Notification" feature, but RTC2.0.0.2 do not have this feature.

Regards,
Anson

Ah that's right Anson, the Email Notification at the Build Definition level was introduced later. I think the ability to customize the Email Notification at the Project Area level was available in RTC 2.0.0.2. Please follow these steps to see if it's available:

Right-click on a Project Area in the Team Artifacts view --> Open --> "Process Configuration" tab --> "Project Configuration" node in the "Configuration" section --> expand that and select "Configuration Data" --> expand that and select "Build" / "Email Notification".

What this will allow you to do is set up when email notifications get sent out for ALL Build Definitions within that Project Area. (This is one of the reasons we later added the functionality per Build Definition, instead of having it apply to all build definitions)

permanent link
Anson Liu (1111) | answered Nov 17 '11, 12:33 a.m.

David,

Regards,
Anson

Ah that's right Anson, the Email Notification at the Build Definition level was introduced later. I think the ability to customize the Email Notification at the Project Area level was available in RTC 2.0.0.2. Please follow these steps to see if it's available:

Right-click on a Project Area in the Team Artifacts view --> Open --> "Process Configuration" tab --> "Project Configuration" node in the "Configuration" section --> expand that and select "Configuration Data" --> expand that and select "Build" / "Email Notification".

What this will allow you to do is set up when email notifications get sent out for ALL Build Definitions within that Project Area. (This is one of the reasons we later added the functionality per Build Definition, instead of having it apply to all build definitions)

Thanks for your reply David,

Expand "Configuration Data", there is no "Build" / "Email Notification".:)
Seems this version only support "Dashboards", "Planning", "Work Items", "Work Items (advanced)".

Regards,
Anson

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.