It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Team Server Login doesn't work

Ernst Unterbauer (1111) | asked Mar 01 '13, 10:24 a.m.
retagged Mar 01 '13, 4:51 p.m. by Max Bridges (24126)

I have installed QM and Jazz server. I have started the Jazz Server and then I try the Express setup for the default Tomcat User Registry.

1) Start login with Web browser: https://localhost:9443/jts/setup

2) jazz team server login page appears

3) I type ADMIN in User ID and Password fields.

4) After I click Log in, I get HTTP Status 404

Please can somebody help me.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Mar 01 '13, 4:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree with Max, check your JTS/QM logs and your Tomcat logs for errors. For help locating the JTS/QM logs, see http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.clm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_logfiles_loc.html.

The Tomcat logs are in server/tomcat/logs.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '13, 5:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

404 is a not found error. I have seen Tomcat failing with deploying the WAR files. As Jared pointed out try to force a redeploy. If you could provide more information from the logs, we might be able to help with more specific suggestions.

2 answers

permanent link
Max Bridges (24126) | answered Mar 01 '13, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you reviewed your server logs for errors? Additionally, what work environment are you using?

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Mar 04 '13, 5:07 a.m.
In the past I've seen 404 errors like that when the WAR files aren't deployed correctly (e.g. Tomcat is shutdown while deploying them).

If this is the case you can solve it by deleting all of the folders (not .war files) under <jazz-home>\server\tomcat\webapps and also the <jazz-home>\server\tomcat\work directory.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Mar 04 '13, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Another way to force a redeployment is to stop the server, delete <jazz-home>\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\<appContextRoot>\built-on.txt for each application, then start the server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.