It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

.jazzignore not working w/ RTC CLI?

stefan szabo (1111) | asked Feb 26 '13, 9:54 a.m.
Hi,
I'm using RTC CLI (not sure about version though, since if I issue a 'lscm version' I get a lot of stuff printed out that I can't make much sense of).
I'm trying to get rid of object files in my tree, so I placed a .jazzignore file atop of it with the following content:

core.ignore.recursive= \
{*.o} {*.o.cmd} {*.d} {*.s.cmd}

However, when I issue 'lscm status' I still get, e.g.:

sszabo@host component $ lscm status
Workspace: (1016) [...]
  Component: (1013) "component"
    Baseline: (1041) 1 "Initial Baseline"
    Unresolved:
[...]
      a-- /path/to/file/.missing-syscalls.d
[...]
      a-- /path/to/file/.crtsavres.o.cmd
[...]
      a-- /path/to/file/crtsavres.o

Can someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Stefan

Comments
Sridevi Sangaiah commented Feb 27 '13, 2:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stefan,

Is your .jazzignore file checked in?

Thanks,

Sridevi

RTC SCM CLI

stefan szabo commented Feb 27 '13, 3:26 a.m. | edited Feb 27 '13, 10:19 a.m.

No, nor would I want it checked in! I assumed it would work just like .gitignore... Apparently not :(
Thanks for your answer,
Stefan

2 answers

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Feb 27 '13, 4:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It is not required to checkin the .jazzignore files to get it work. It looks like you have to add it to the top level subdirectories CLI does not use .jazzignore file (58578)

Thanks,

Sridevi

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 27 '13, 7:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I've submitted work item Clarify where .jazzignore files can be located (253871) so that the documentation makes this clear.

permanent link
stefan szabo (1111) | answered Mar 05 '13, 9:26 a.m.
So, in order to summarize and add more, learned-the-hard-way, info:
1) Any .jazzignore file located in the top-level dir of a component's sandbox (as created w/ lscm load) is not itself being ignored by RTC, only its semantics are: do not -- under any circumstance -- place any files that you don't want checked into RTC in the top-level dir. of your component!
2) If the top-level dir has any number (e.g. 136) of subdirs of its own, and each such subdir potentially contains some files to be ignored by RTC (e.g. build-generated *.o files -- not the cleanest way to organize a project, I agree!), then in order for RTC to ignore those files, one should place a .jazzignore (containing at least a core.ignore.recursive={*.o} clause) in each of the top-level subdirs (for a total of 136 .jazzignore files!).
3) One may choose to ignore the .jazzignore files themselves by adding a core.ignore={.jazzignore} to each one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.