It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 2 vs. Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2008 R2 - Which to go with and Why?

Dustan Daniel (3921823) | asked Feb 25 '13, 9:29 a.m.
Hi, my current customer is considering migrating from SQL to Oracle. Is this an advisable move to make. I am looking for reference material to either support this move to stay with the as-is. Any useful links / feedback would be appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Feb 25 '13, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is an interesting question - most of my larger customer who are not using DB2 are using Oracle.  These seem to scale better, and need to be used if the customer is moving to an OS other than Windows.

Comments
Dustan Daniel commented Feb 25 '13, 12:08 p.m.

This is an interesting question, one i cant quite answer yet. Let me add some additional context behind the question.

Our current environment is CLM 4.0.1 (RM, QM, CCM, DM), WAS 8.0.0.3, RHEL 5.6, SQL Server 2008. We recently reached 1200 users, 350+ projects, 300GB of data. As the adoption of Jazz increases by the customer, we are building a high availability environment to cutover to in the near future.

CLM 4.0.1 (CCM, QM, RM), separate DM server outside the cluster, WAS ND 8.0.0.3, eXtreme Scale 7.1.1.1, RHEL 6.3, existing DBs and DB server.

Now customer wants to know if we should migrate to Oracle to be used with the new environment, i.e. pros and cons of such a move?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.