It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does Rational Jazz Team Server not work?

Kalyanaraman K (3634) | asked Feb 19 '13, 7:50 a.m.
edited Feb 25 '13, 2:57 p.m. by Susan Lafera (11)
When I log on to Rational Team Concert, I get only a blank page titled as  "Project Areas". The other tabs like "Project Area Management" and "Process Template Management" do not work. Further, when I click the link what I get is a (long )"CRJAZ13181 A retryable database error occurred" message. A feature named "Loading..." does not load at all, but remains stationary.

When I click the Help area "About Rational Jazz Team Server", I see the following message "There was an error fetching information about the Jazz Team Server. Please make your server is running and your repository is configured correctly".

Note that RTC has been working very well all these days and I face the problem only since the last 3 to 4 days. I thought it will go away by itself, but that does not seem to be the case any longer.

Kalyan

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 19 '13, 9:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kalyan,

have you checked JTS/RTC diagnostics? Also check your Database, maybe it is running out of space?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 19 '13, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am happy that it works for you. I never realized I had this magical powers! Surprising, but might open a new business opportunity for me 8-)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kalyanaraman K (3634) | answered Feb 19 '13, 10:02 a.m.
Thank you Ralph, even as I was reading your message, and hey presto, the server started to work! Perhaps, it was our (project) dedicated server that was down, or "ill" for sometime. All seems well now, forum members. 
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.