It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data warehouse extension - BIRT reporting

Zachary K (19354239) | asked Feb 12 '13, 4:46 p.m.
edited Feb 12 '13, 4:48 p.m.
Hello,
I'd like to do something similar to what is described is this article http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/add-a-rational-team-concert-data-warehouse-extension-for-custom-attributes/index.html

I have BIRT reports that use lots of custom attributes and it starts to impact performances. The Jazz data source is LIVE_SNAPSHOT and I use the table com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem to generate the reports as I need access to itemExtensions.key and stringExtensions.key.
My question is; can I use the data warehouse extension point for this data source?
Thanks for your help.

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 12 '13, 5:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would really advice against extending the data warehouse the way the article describes. The article was based on version 2.0 of RTC and it covers the legacy datamart which has been replaced since 3.0.1 with the data warehouse. We are currently targetting the following enhancement request to 4.0.3:

[CCM] Make complex custom work item attributes, approval descriptors and Modified By data reportable and available in the data warehouse (242806)

Once the above is implemented, the data will be available to RRDI reporting.

Comments
Zachary K commented Feb 12 '13, 6:56 p.m. | edited May 09 '13, 11:43 a.m.

Thanks for the heads-up. 

What can I do in the meantime to speed things up in BIRT reporting with RTC 4.0.1 when one uses many custom attributes. Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.