It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Widget Catalog Entries don't show up in Personal Dashboard widget lists

Zachary K (19354339) | asked Feb 12 '13, 4:15 p.m.
edited Feb 12 '13, 4:16 p.m.
 Hello,
I've created  new Widget Catalog Entries for custom reports. They show up fine in the Widget list selection for the Team and Project Dashboard but when I create a Personal Dashboard they don't show up.
Does anyone know why? How can I select them in a Personal dashboard?
Thanks for your help

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Feb 12 '13, 5:33 p.m. | edited Feb 12 '13, 6:59 p.m.

Well, having been bitten by this:  Is the proper Catalog being selected ?

Zachary K commented Feb 12 '13, 6:52 p.m. | edited Feb 12 '13, 6:59 p.m.

Thanks for the reply..

What do you mean by "Catalog being selected"? I don't see it in "Add Widget" category for the Personal Dashboard but it does show up in the Team and Project dashboard under the right category.
It seems to be a defect to me...

2 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Feb 13 '13, 6:00 a.m.

Two things:

1. The personal dashboard shows the JTS widget catalog as default. You have to select the CCM widget catalog to get the CCM widgtes.

2. When you create own Widget catalog Entries in the process configuration, be sure you also have a report template starting with the term "Micro" deployed. You need two reports to have them available in dashboard widgets. The real one and the Micro one. Both can contain same report template. But name must start with Micro.

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Feb 13 '13, 6:00 a.m.

Two things:

1. The personal dashboard shows the JTS widget catalog as default. You have to select the CCM widget catalog to get the CCM widgtes.

2. When you create own Widget catalog Entries in the process configuration, be sure you also have a report template starting with the term "Micro" deployed. You need two reports to have them available in dashboard widgets. The real one and the Micro one. Both can contain same report template. But name must start with Micro.

Comments
Zachary K commented Feb 13 '13, 8:09 a.m. | edited Feb 13 '13, 8:10 a.m.

1) Yes I do select the CCM widget.

2) This is what I did,. As I said it works fine for Project/team dashboard.

It doesn't work for Personal dashboard. I'll enter a PMR as this is an issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.