It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Widget filter hides iterations with no Work Items mapped

Alexander Burk (2727) | asked May 04 '17, 6:34 a.m.

Hello all,

if I add a IBM provided widget (like Open vs. Closed work items) to a dasboard in RTC, I can select some iterations as a filter. But the provided list of iterations does not include iterations that have no work items mapped to them yet.

Is this behavior expected?

Best regards,
Alex Burk

Comments
Alexander Burk commented May 05 '17, 8:29 a.m. | edited May 05 '17, 8:48 a.m.

similar problem: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/137528/rtc-plan-views-why-are-archived-iterations-still-visible-in-plan-view

an iteration needs an assigned work item to show up in the filter list

Ralph Schoon commented May 05 '17, 8:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is actually a completely different problem in a completely different set of domains.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 05 '17, 8:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The data warehouse will only know items that qualify to be collected. As an example I have often seen questions why specific information e.g. a team area is not available for choice in a report. Usually that was, because there was no data associated to the team area, so it got ignored.

I would also assume that specific widgets will be implemented to not show stuff that does not need to be shown.

I don't know which of the two possibilities are contributing in your case and I don't know how to find that out. 

Alexander Burk selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alexander Burk commented May 08 '17, 3:31 a.m.

You're right. I think the link above was a mistake, I found a post (can't find it atm) where someone pointed out that there needs to be associated data in the DW for the iteration (or anything else) to show up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.