It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bold/Italic text from Excel to RQM migration

Komal Mirchandani (1266) | asked Feb 11 '13, 3:27 a.m.
retagged Feb 15 '13, 2:24 p.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)
Hello,

I am trying to migrate data from Excel sheet to RQM. I have some text in Bold/Italic in excel sheet and I want the same format in RQM.

Can anyone suggests what should I add in cfg file to get bold/italic text in RQM test script description section?
If you can share info/link which contains all parameters of cfg file, that would a great help

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Laura Kuczarski (21137) | answered Feb 15 '13, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 15 '13, 2:12 p.m.
Hi Komal,

This information is from the help topic on migrating data to Word (https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_create_config_files_word_test_artifacts.html), but maybe the Pre() modifier also works with Excel?

Modify data: Any target definition can be wrapped in a Pre() modifier. The following examples wrap the resulting data in div and pre tags, preserving the formatting information:

testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseAcceptanceCriteria", "RQM-KEY-TC-ACCEPT-CRITERIA-TITLE")=Pre(Table(1).C)

Thanks!
Laura

Comments
Laura Kuczarski commented Feb 15 '13, 2:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

One more thing to note - there seems to be an open enhancement request for this feature:  https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=78945

I will try to find out some more information.

permanent link
Max Bridges (24126) | answered Feb 15 '13, 2:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From the RQM Excel Importer utility's "Features Added in 4.0:"  

RichText() used to display the word/excel document format in the RQM rich text area. The corresponding RQM target attributes need to support rich text content. Details can refer to Sample "Test Cases made from scripts". This modifier is supported from RQM Excel Importer 4.0.1.

As described, look at the sample files under "Test Cases made from scripts," which are in the "Samples" subdirectory of your RQMExcelImporter install directory.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.