It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Looking for Tips or Advice for Generating Documents of RRC Artifacts

Cindy Casteel (122) | asked Feb 04 '13, 4:46 p.m.
Hi - We are using RRC version 4.0.1 and do not have RPE.  I am looking for tips or advice on generating requirements and other documents, such as diagrams, from RRC into Microsoft Word format.  We have just started using RRC and are not in a position yet to have our business partners use the tool solely for reviews.  Additionally, for audit and compliance purposes, we will need to produce document style artifacts for audit and compliance purposes.   We have added our own template to RRC but find it tedious to to populate it for generation.  Additionally, the formatting is not very user friendly and can be difficult to read.  Same holds true for use the canned Requirement Report generator.   Any suggestions you may have would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Feb 05 '13, 12:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,
 Which kind of information is populated into the report wizard?

Comments
Cindy Casteel commented Feb 06 '13, 1:25 p.m.

We have a Microsoft Word template.  Within that template we enter text into it directly but in other parts we are attempting to imbed artifacts, such as diagrams or textual requirements.  We were also told we could print off a collection or requirements and then copy and paste them in but it is still the same issue. 

When using the report wizard, we are mainly printing off textual requirement artifacts with the attributes.

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | answered Feb 06 '13, 9:39 a.m.
I hope to hear from others but I think your best option is probably to use RRDI. Which has a bit of a learning curve up front. However there are some great resources to get you started.

On this page there is a section under "Reporting" with links that will take you to the tutorial section of the help, to a Youtube channel with lots of educational videos and to a page with workshop resources.

Comments
Cindy Casteel commented Feb 06 '13, 1:26 p.m.

Thanks Saurabh...still hoping to try that but as you are aware we have been having some installation issues.  I just thought I would seek some other suggestions in the mean time.  Thanks for the link.  I will look into it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.