It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Don't see "Merge into workspace" menu item when right clicking on a patch

Denis Aristov (312) | asked Feb 04 '13, 4:10 a.m.
What is the reason for that? I use RTC 4.0.0.1 Client as Eclipse plugin.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 04 '13, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There was a change in 4.0 to rename the action to "Auto Resolve...". The dialog that describes how to bring the patch changes into your workspace has also changed to use the new name for the action. This was done to bring consistency between the action name and the dialog text. The "Auto Resolve..." action will do the same as what "Merge Into Workspace..." did.
Denis Aristov selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Denis Aristov commented Feb 04 '13, 12:15 p.m.

Thanks, it merges. But all lines are marked as changed although there are only a few changed lines. Is it a bug?

Tim Mok commented Feb 04 '13, 1:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can't see the nature of the changes in your screenshot so I can't really tell why it's marking all lines as changed. From the top of my head, it could be a line delimiter change.

Denis Aristov commented Feb 05 '13, 2:50 a.m.

"it could be a line delimiter change"
I copied the left and right side and compared it with another diff tool and it marked only the lines which had been changed and not the whole file. It seems to be a representation problem of RTC. I have never seen such things in e.g. Subversive plugin.

Tim Mok commented Feb 05 '13, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The RTC Eclipse client uses the Eclipse compare framework so it must think there's a difference with the file. Whether it is a bug or not, I cannot tell without more information and any bug is likely to be a problem with Eclipse. You can open a defect if you believe it to be a problem with RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.