It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the community displayed twice on searching in the communities tab?

Manjiri Kamat (5132325) | asked Jan 30 '13, 2:55 a.m.
I search for a community in the communities tab,it displays the same community name twice.

Could you tell me if this is what is expected?

Comments
Gili Mendel commented Jan 30 '13, 8:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible that you have two of them with the same name?   Theoretically RAM should not allow you to do so, but technically communities use by their IDs (name can be what ever)

Manjiri Kamat commented Jan 30 '13, 10:56 p.m. | edited Jan 30 '13, 10:58 p.m.

The snapshot shows that the search displays the community name twice

Manjiri Kamat commented Jan 30 '13, 11:00 p.m.

In the above snapshot if you hover over the community names it shows you the same id.
It is 1170.

Manjiri Kamat commented Feb 06 '13, 12:06 a.m.

Hi,

Is this an expected output?

2 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Feb 06 '13, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No that is not normal. Somehow your community was created twice to the same ID.

Did you at some time in the past have a mismatch in the database or the persist area? A problem like that?

Comments
Manjiri Kamat commented Feb 07 '13, 3:48 a.m.

Hi Rich,

I am not very sure if we had a problem like that ,but what i did is i created a new community and added one user as a community admin,asset producer and consumer for it.
This user then could see the community under the administration tab but when he tries to search in the communities tab,it says 0 results found.

Could you tell me how this communities tab works?

Manjiri Kamat commented Feb 11 '13, 3:37 a.m.

Please do let me know more on the communities section.

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Feb 11 '13, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is the community listed twice in the administration section?  If it's listed once there and twice on the communities tab, this is an index problem.  To resolve the issue navigate to Administration -> Tools and click the 'Rebuild Index' button.

Comments
Manjiri Kamat commented Feb 12 '13, 3:31 a.m.

Even after rebuilding the index,the issue still persists.

The community is shown once in admin tab and twice on communities tab after the search.

In addition another community which is displayed in the admin tab on search in the communities tab does not get displayed,instead it shows 0 results.

What could be the issue?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.