It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.x loosing enumeration lists

Scott Raley (13542931) | asked Jan 29 '13, 12:10 p.m.
I've added enumeration lists to the risk work item and they show up for me all the time since I am administrator. Other users when they go into risks the first time they log in the 2 lists show. when they log off and log back on the lists are gone. I've tried this on 3 other accounts. I have tried giving them all roles to the project (analyst, developer, etc) and this hasn't solved the issue. if I log in and log out, they come behind me and log in, the lists will show up until that machine is rebooted. I don't know if this is some type of history/cookie issue or a problem with RTC. Any ideas of what I am missing?

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Jan 29 '13, 12:19 p.m. | edited Jan 30 '13, 12:42 p.m.

Have you checked the Team Configuration/Work Items/Save Enumeration permission? In my system NO role had this right enabled per default.

maybe this is a reason for this strange result (of course it should then not work at all, but you never know...)

Scott Raley commented Jan 29 '13, 2:35 p.m.

I will check. I have not looked at that area. Didn't realize you could secure a individual enumeration list. thanks

Scott Raley commented Jan 30 '13, 11:43 a.m.

the security is already set for everyone and for analyst on the work items. I went for the timelines and set the permission there but still inconsistant. On first login it is there, log off and log in and it doesn't show. I can walk to another computer log in and I see the field. Sometimes just doing a refresh a couple of times it comes back. would this be an RTC problem or is there some type of "refresh" setting in RTC? I know its not cache in the browser because I disabled it so nothing is cached.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.