It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the parent workitem id by attribute customization in rtc 502?

Li Li (158) | asked Jan 07 '16, 2:49 a.m.
 Hello,
       There is one workitem whose id is '123',i'm making a customization for it now ,and i need to use its parent workitem id in the customization,so  I want to know is there any function to get the parent workitem id ,just as workitem.getAttribute().Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 07 '16, 3:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you talk about JavaScript, you can't access other work items from within a script.
Li Li selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Li Li commented Jan 07 '16, 3:52 a.m. | edited Jan 07 '16, 3:55 a.m.

I create a task workitem whose id is 8722,then i add a parent workitem whose id is 8255 to it through the link tab. 

Now i'm making an attribute customization which is caculated values for 8722,and now i want to get the value of the parent link in the customization. 
As you say,it is impossible that i want to do above.Then,if i don't use javascrip,what should i do to complete it?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 07 '16, 3:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can't use JavaScript. You can use an approach like: RTC Update Parent Duration Estimation and Effort Participant

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.