It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editing RRC 4.0 Process Diagrams freeze browser (IE and Mozilla)

Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | asked Jan 25 '13, 11:19 a.m.
 I have installed supported version of IE (9) and Mozilla (3.6.28).  Both have the RRC plugin installed.  When editing diagrams, the browser takes all the CPU utilization and will occasionally freeze.  I noticed the issues is more prominent when the "Connector" is selected vs. the pointer - or related to changing between pointer/Connector.  Sometimes if I wait (1-2 minutes) the CPU will eventually return to normal.  However, often the CPU will spin forever until I kill the browser process.  I also see a huge amount of page faults in the browsers (both) while the CPU is spinning (5-6K new page faults/sec) despite the fact that there is 1G of available memory. The problem appears worse in IE than Mozilla, but appears in both.

Is there a recommendation on browser configurations that I miss with the RRC plugin for editing BP diagrams?

Server is CLM 4.0 running on Windows 7.  And it is in a virtual image, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 25 '13, 12:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not sure if this is your same problem but this work item, found in V4, has been fixed and will be delivered as part of the upcoming V4.0.2 (mentioned as V4.0.1.1 in the WI)

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=65219

Comments
Harry Koehnemann commented Jan 28 '13, 12:00 p.m.

Thanks for the reply Robin.  It appears to be VMware related.  The browser running in the same VM as the server spins, while the identical browser version on the host computer access the same server without issue.    Thanks again for your assistance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.