It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM ExcelWordImporter - Issues in Linking TestPlan with TestCase

RAM GIRITHARAN (111) | asked Jan 23 '13, 6:32 a.m.
I configured RQMExcel importer in my pc. When i tried to import one of the sample sheets namely "TestPlan with TestCases 001.cfg" two folders named TestCase and TestPlan was created. But when i tried import them into RQM they aren't linked to eachother but exist as separate ones without connection. How should i proceed further

3 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jan 23 '13, 7:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ram,
When using the RQM Excel import tool, are you selecting the 'Export to Repository' option? This option will allow you to directly export the data from the Excel spreadsheet into an RQM project area.
I have run the sample you referenced ("Test  Plans with Test Cases 001") in both 3.x and 4.x and the import and linking (i.e. multiple Test Cases associated to a single Test Plan) are successful

Ara

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Jan 23 '13, 9:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Ram,
you can try to use the latest version of Excel Importer, which is Excel Importer 4.0.1 for all RQM 4.x servers and Excel Importer 3.0.1.5 for all RQM 3.x servers.

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jan 26 '13, 9:14 a.m.
Yes, please download the latest RQMExcel importer from the below link and try again:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/4.0.1/RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-4.0.1.zip

Please uninstall the previous plugin and then re-install this.

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.