It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is zload effected by caching of old zFolder entries?

Frank Myers (292023) | asked Jun 18 '14, 3:36 p.m.
edited Jun 18 '14, 3:43 p.m.
Hi,
I am migrating from one project area to a new project area in the same repository.

As part of this, I created new data set definitions (DSDs), and updated the zFolders to reference the new DSDs.
Any method I use to display the zFolders clearly shows that they are associated with the new DSDs.

When I run the "zload" SCM command, the errors in the log imply that the zFolders still refer to the old project area and DSDs.

Is there another link mechanism that I need to update, or is  there some sort of caching of zFolders happening?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can share.

Frank

Comments
Frank Myers commented Jun 19 '14, 10:20 a.m.

Message issued was
Problem running 'zload':
An error occurred while loading the repository workspace.
There were errors in the download.  Recommend that you reload the components affected. The reload will be incremental.
An error has occurred. Kindly check the log for more details.
Log file message was "com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemStatusException: Status ERROR: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 There were errors in the download.  Recommend that you reload the components affected. The reload will be incremental. null children=[Status ERROR: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 Unable to create Dataset FOMYERS.CKP42DEV.SKEL for SKEL in component CKP. One of the reasons could be that there is not enough space on volumes. com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemException: Unable to create /SKEL due to invalid mapping characteristics: Invalid storage class name parameter: Entered value must be alphabetic or numeric....

Frank Myers commented Jun 19 '14, 10:20 a.m. | edited Jun 19 '14, 10:21 a.m.

The SKEL DSD is not the current DSD. When I use a "Refers to" search it shows that no zFolders refer to the SKEL DSD. All references were changed to a new name in the new project area. So why is it still using the SKEL DSD from the old project area?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.