It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Passing execution variables between 2 testcases

Chowda Reddy (132) | asked May 03 '18, 9:27 a.m.

I have 2 test cases , each containing test scripts. These test scripts are linked to external automation tool.

I have created a test suite which contains these 2 test cases.
Basically i need to pass execution variable created in test case1 or test script1 to testcase2 or test script2 .
I have created execution variable(example artifact variables) in test case1 of rRQM server.
According to the documentation we can edit the var file like adding new execution variable, updating existing execution variable etc,so that the rqm sends the modified values in var file(execution variable file) after the execution of  testcase1 to the testcase2.

HERE IN MY CASE I AM TO ACCESS THE FILE PATH THROUGH %qm_ExecutionVariable% AND I HAVE MODIFIED THE VALUES AND ADDED NEW ONES.
BUT THESE MODIFIED ONES ARE NOT CARRIED TO THE NEXT TEST CASE, ONLY THOSE EXECUTION VARIABLES WHICH ARE PRESENT IN THE RQM SERVER ARE CARRIED AWAY.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered May 21 '18, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Go to test case section of test suite and check the check box for "Pass execution variables between scripts" and run the test suite in sequential mode.

Chowda Reddy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chowda Reddy commented May 28 '18, 3:58 a.m.

Hi thanks for your valuable reply & spending time to see the question ..

Point here is check box is 'checked'. & the execution variables defined in rqm server is getting passed to next test case, but when we add/modify new execution variables in the var file. (it is the file that contains execution variable defined in testcases or test script) those variables are not getting passed to the next testcase.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.