It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source code for Running Stream Scanning Programmatically

Andrew Soloninka (5511924) | asked Jan 17 '13, 1:46 p.m.
 I am working on a plugin where I have to programmatically run the following command:

Enterprise Extensions>Source Code Data>Select Streams for Scanning...

When I run Plugin Selection Spy on the the wizard that appears, I see the following classes contain the code that will explain how the command operates:

com.ibm.team.enterprise.metadata.query.ui.wizard.SetStreamScanningWizard
com.ibm.team.enterprise.metadata.query.ui.wizard.SetStreamScanningFirstPage

However ,When I attempt to look at the source code,  I'm getting the indication for both of these classes that the source code is not available.

How can I get a hold of the source code for these two classes?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Jan 17 '13, 2:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew
We do not make the Enterprise Extensions source code publicly available and Dependency Build is part of this functionality. What you are asking for is for us to make some API publicly available which is a fair request. Once we make it publicly available it means that we guarantee not to modify it in a way that would break someones code that is calling the API. Right now, because this is not API, even if we disclosed how to write the appropriate code to do what you want to do, there would be no guarantees that we would not change things such that we would break you.
You need to open an Enhancement Request up on jazz.net and ask for this API.

Andrew Soloninka selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.