It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ItemNotFound while creating a workitem using java Api

Sudipto Sarkar (631243) | asked Sep 23 '15, 8:50 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to create a workitem using java client api, but getting following exception.

CRJAZ0215E The following record was not found in the database: com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.WorkItemHandleImpl@2fb8cd (stateId: <unset>, itemId: [UUID _Aqu8EGHxEeWHhc6IAavp9Q], origin: com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository@142256f, immutable: <unset>)

Any hint or solution?

Thanks,
Sud

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 23 '15, 11:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you set up your environment for debugging, you should be able to see where that happens. With this few information I doubt anyone can answer.

See How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? for more information that should be given.

See Setting up Rational Team Concert for API Development for how to set up a development environment for debugging including Plain Java API. See  Understanding and Using the RTC Java Client API for the additional steps, including the section Alternative to Create and Modify WorkItems which provides working example code.
Sudipto Sarkar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudipto Sarkar commented Sep 24 '15, 8:29 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for suggestion. The debugging worked. I got to know the category was null.

Thanks,
Sud

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 24 '15, 8:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Good that you have debugging up and running. this will make your life so much easier.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.