It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[solved] User accidentally added a component?

Charles Cruse (1521213) | asked Jan 16 '13, 5:48 p.m.
edited May 08 '14, 5:03 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
One of my users has a component (ipsock-bkup) under Components in his My Repository Workspaces.  He was intending to load a component (ipsock) in his workspace and he added (I guess?) the component and now he has a private component that he owns.  I don't see it in the stream, which is good.  I don't see how to make RTC's memory of it go away.  He tried deleting his repository workspaces, but that did not help.  Any suggestions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 17 '13, 2:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Charles, you can remove the component from streams and repository workspaces. As far as I know you can not delete the component however (there are work items that request this).

The trick that has been widely used in this situation so far is to have a user e.g. the build user as owner of the component and make it private. This way other users would not see the component. You can reuse the component later if you need one, change the owner and name and make it public.
Charles Cruse selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Charles Cruse commented Jan 17 '13, 8:56 a.m. | edited May 08 '14, 5:01 a.m.

Thanks for the quick response!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.