It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to disable the DataWarehouse when installing with repotools-jts -setup?

Lara Ziosi (33811112) | asked Feb 20 '15, 4:23 a.m.
CLM provides a way to automate the JTS setup instead of running it interactively.
On a Test machine where you just installed CLM, you must first record a properties file as follows:
./repotools-jts.sh -setup includeLifeCycleProjectStep=true repositoryURL=https://hostname:9443/jts adminUserId=ADMIN adminPassword=ADMIN
responseFile=JTSSetup.properties

while doing the above, I saw no way to disable the Data Warehouse. Can it be done somehow when playing back the setup on another machine with the command:

./repotools-jts.sh -setup includeLifeCycleProjectStep=true repositoryURL=https://hostname:9443/jts adminUserId=ADMIN adminPassword=ADMIN
parametersFile=JTSSetup.properties

(For example, Design Manager does not use the Data Warehouse)

Comments
Lara Ziosi commented Feb 23 '15, 1:29 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '15, 2:53 a.m.

I'm sorry if I was unclear, but it was a question.

Is it possible to disable the creation of the Data Warehouse?

I did not see any way to do it. Thanks, Lara

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '15, 3:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

During the first steps of the setup you can skip the creation of the datawarehouse (custom setup). I am pretty sure I have done that in the past. I am also pretty sure that in that case a property was added to the teamserver.properties.

Is the jts/setup step recorded in these steps, Lara? Sorry, I have not played with response files for quite some time. Maybe I don't get the point in your question.

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Feb 24 '15, 3:46 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I had the same problem as Lara when I tried to automate the setup.
It seems that there is no equivalent skip property to add  the response file. It is not recorded and added to the response file.
If you run the setup afterwards interactively (custom setup) with your web browser you can see the skip option is not checked..
The only option had to choose was to leave the default derby Db settings for the datawarehouse.

To me it sounds like an enhancement to the repotools-jts -setup  to record as well the datawarehouse skipping and the disabling during the automaton playback.

François

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '15, 3:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It would have to be an enhancement for all applications, I guess. The option needs to be checked for all applications.

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Feb 24 '15, 4:11 a.m.

You might be right .. I thought there should it be a setup foundation enhancement that all applications could leverage?

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Aug 27 '15, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.