It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade to 1.0.1 mangles licenses, which fail

William Robinson (3165) | asked Nov 01 '08, 2:38 p.m.
After installing, I used the Admin to include jazz_team_server_standard_release.jar. Everything was fine.

Then, I added rtc_all_contributor_unlocked.jar. Again, great.

Then, I added rtc_standard_developer_unlocked.jar. Now, I get an message about have too many licenses allocated. (It appears that it did not recognize this license file--it did nothing.)

Next, I thought perhaps added rtc_express_developer_unlocked.jar might solve the issue (just a guess). Just the opposite.

Deactivated (The "Contributor" client access license type is not compatible with the "Rational Jazz Team Server Standard" server license edition. Install a compatible client access license or change the server license key.)

Now, no one can use the new server. I suppose I can follow the Microsoft model and reinstall everything. Short of that, is there a real fix?

BTW, it seems that rtc_standard_developer_unlocked.jar does nothing.

The licenses were obtained as part of the Academic Initiative.

2 answers

permanent link
William Robinson (3165) | answered Nov 01 '08, 6:40 p.m.
After reinstalling, it mostly works. I still have a limit of 3 developers despite installing rtc_standard_developer_unlocked.jar. The limit and included are set at 3, while the total developer licenses indicates 10.

The error is:

Deactivated (CRJAZ0969I The "Developer" client access license type has been deactivated because too many licenses have been assigned. Unassign licenses until the number of used licenses is less than the number available for this server.)

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Nov 02 '08, 9:41 p.m.
This is the same problem that I had, which I reported in thread https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2571.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.