It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data import issue

Sedat kara (231120) | asked Nov 28 '14, 8:03 a.m.
 Hi all, 

I am trying the data updating with export-import feature.

I am facing the a problem : some attributes don't change after import and "Planned for" have a second value

How I proceed :

1.       Exporting some workitems which I want to modify within CSV file
  2.       Changing some attribute values for some workitems. (Change some "change request" to "Design" type which our new type for Design work, modify the status of these new Design workitem)
  3. Importing the updated CSV file
  4. Results :

ü  Status attribute has been changed as expected

ü  Type remains unchanged (still Change request) while I had specified Etude

ü  The WI  contained within the CSV file don’t appear on my plan any more. They have got two values of Planned for, and they are identical. They appear on my plan view when I manually select the Planned for value. The weird aspect is that I've got two identical values for "Planned for"

What is wrong ? Thanks for your enlightenments.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 28 '14, 9:16 a.m.
I do not think you can change Type  via import

Planned for, that means the importer could not match the strings..  usually this is because it cannot find the path to the right iteration and creates a new one..

when u export, change the planned for type to Internal and it will export the full path to that iteration

Sedat kara selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.