It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

migrating from ClearQuest to RTC

Rama SCM (4111521) | asked Jan 07 '16, 1:10 p.m.
retagged Jan 20 '16, 1:16 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi,

I am trying migration from ClearQuest 7.1.2 to RTC 5.0.2. I would like to migrate some ClearQuest record fields along with attachment and links between different record types. I was able to migrate fields and attachments using ClearQuest importer but so far no success with links. I would appreciate if anyone has any pointers on how links can be migrated?

Thanks in advance!

Rama

One answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 20 '16, 1:15 p.m.
If you haven't already done so, you might want to check this help topic:  Migrating Rational ClearQuest records to work items and its child topics.  From that topic:  "For links between work items to be created, all of the linked records must be included in the file that you import. For example, if Record A is a duplicate of Record B, but Record B is not imported, the duplicate link is not created. Instead, a custom attribute that contains the duplicate information is created."

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.