It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cloud host for IBM SmartCloud Continuous Delivery

Kirk Vogen (12711518) | asked Dec 21 '12, 1:05 p.m.
edited Dec 21 '12, 1:06 p.m.

How can cloud host software, such as IBM SmartCloud Provisioning, be obtained?

I want to set up an IBM SmartCloud Continuous Delivery sandbox for evaluation purposes. I downloaded the software from jazz.net. According to the installation instructions, I need a cloud host. The installation instructions mention that IBM SmartCloud Provisioning can run as an appliance bootable ISO. Is it possible to obtain this ISO for evaluation purposes?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Bahrs (6) | answered Dec 22 '12, 8:56 a.m.
You can obtain information on Smart Cloud Provisioning (SCP) and download a trial from here:  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/tiv/smartcloud/

Comments
Kirk Vogen commented Jan 03 '13, 10:05 a.m. | edited Jan 03 '13, 10:07 a.m.

Thank you for the information. I downloaded the software, but haven't had success getting it working. For a sandbox scenario for SmartCloud Continuous Delivery, how should I install the cloud host? There are three choices that I need to make during the installation. For #1 below, I selected A. For #2, I selected A. For #3, I selected A. The net result was that the machine booted up, but some of the URLs mentioned in a readme file did not work.

1. Select Cloud Provider

A. IBM High Scale Low Touch
B. IBM System Director VMControl
C. VMWare vCenter

2. Configure This Node's Role

A. Cloud Management Node
B. Compute Node
C. Storage Node

3. Configure Network

A. Use Ext. DHCP for Physical Machines and HSLT for VMs
B. Use External DHCP for Both Physical Machines and VMs
C. Use HSLT's DHCP for Both Machines and VMs

Ke Zhu commented Jan 08 '13, 1:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It looks like you've got some trouble during installing the IBM High Scale Low Touch cloud provider from the Try & Buy package. 

Would you please provide more information on "some of the URLs mentioned in a readme file did not work"? Like what errors you got from the browser?

According to the options you chose (#1 -A -> #2 -A -> #3 -A), you need an external DHCP server to offer network configuration of both physical machines and created VMs.

You can refer to the troubleshooting High Scale Low Touch cloud provider from the infocenter if you can find anything useful before replying the error details.

Kirk Vogen commented Jan 08 '13, 10:55 a.m.

Here are details regarding the URLs that don't work. After installation of IBM High Scale Low Touch, the system reboots. During startup, I notice ssh failures in the console regarding ssh to 10.137.0.15. When the boot is complete, Firefox is started with five browser tabs. Some of the tabs have errors. Here is a summary of those tabs:

1. https://10.137.0.10/login/ : Works - the login form is displayed
  2. http://10.137.0.10/iscp-welcome.html: Works - the welcome documentation is displayed
  3. 10.137.0.15:8080/welcome.html: Broken - Firefox reports that it is unable to connect
  4. 10.137.0.15:9080/login: Broken - Firefox reports that it is unable to connect
  5. http://10.137.0.10:10000/: Works - the Webmin login form is displayed

The readme document mentions logging in to the URL in #4 using a default user ID and password. Until I can get that URL to work, I don't think that I can proceed forward.

One other note...I'm fairly certain that the physical machine is able to contact the LAN's DHCP server - I'm writing this post from the HSLT instance that I just installed.

Gary Zeien commented Feb 07 '13, 9:21 a.m.

Hi Kirk... is this the same Kirk Vogen that used to do eCommerce with me?  Perhaps we could link up in the Twin Cities and discuss this :)
-Gary Zeien  ( ok, I know this isn't an answer :) )

Kirk Vogen commented Feb 14 '13, 10:22 a.m.

Yes, that's me. I'll shoot you an email and let you know what we are trying to do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.