It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I have control over who delivers my changesets?

Stuart (61132) | asked Dec 17 '12, 2:56 a.m.
I'm working with a group of people and we've been exploiting RTC's nice feature of pulling completed changesets from my workspace into others' workspaces before they are delivered to the main stream. I noticed something odd today, however. Even though all the change sets in question were checked in to my workspace as being associated with a workitem that has me as the sole approver, others can deliver the changesets after pulling them into their workspaces. In my view, there should be a way to prevent others from delivering my changesets, especially if they've been marked as needing approval.

Maybe this has been addressed in later version. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm stuck on RTC2.x for few more months.
Version: 2.0.0.2
Build id: I20101021-2131

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 17 '12, 5:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Stuart, you would have to create an advisor for that. Since there is no general rule how that should be handled (you could be on vacation for example and others need to be able to deliver). See http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/ for the bits and pieces you would need to create this kind of extension.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.