It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] List change sets on a stream

Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | asked Dec 12 '12, 1:18 p.m.
closed Jul 20 '18, 10:21 a.m.
Is it possible (either via scm command-line or via Java API) to retrieve the list of change sets created by deliveries on streams?
I am working on a project area where there are frequent deliveries from workspaces to an integration stream, and I need to know which change sets have been created on that stream by the deliveries.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Dec 12 '12, 1:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you elaborate what you mean by "created on the stream"? A change set can't be created in a stream. It is created in a workspace and then delivered to a stream.

Luca Martinucci commented Dec 13 '12, 2:49 a.m.

I mean this: when you deliver a change set from a workspace to a stream, you are modifying the stream contents.

I suppose that a "change set" is created automatically on the stream in order to track these changes.
I suppose that by analogy with other versioning tools, like ClearCase for example, where each delivery creates a change set on the target.
Am I right?
If I am right, I would like retrieve the list of these "stream-side" change sets in order to perform a selective delivery of some of them to another stream.
Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.

Tim Mok commented Dec 13 '12, 9:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Change sets are never created on the stream. When a user delivers a change set from a workspace to a stream, it's added to the stream's change history for that component. It's the same change set and not a duplicate.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Other" by lumar Jul 20 '18, 10:21 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | answered Dec 13 '12, 9:38 a.m.
Found it.
Select the stream, right-click it -> Show -> Pending Changes

Comments
Tim Mok commented Dec 13 '12, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm glad that showing the stream in Pending Changes is what you want. Some things to note:

- The stream's flow target will be the default flow target set for the stream.
- You can deliver and accept change sets from here except when there are conflicts.
- If you just want a history of change sets, you can show history on the components in the stream without having to show the stream in Pending Changes.

sam detweiler commented Feb 24 '14, 3:55 p.m.

as a followup to this question, we have a need to locate any changset in a stream for which the user at the time may no longer exist in the user repository.

we used DSCM to duplicate a stream from system A to System B, but in System B on JTS B, the user does not exist.. 

no one can access the files in that changset.. I was able as JazzAdmin to deliver a change to the files to change the owner, but across the entire stream we have no idea if there are other cases like this..   so I need to proactively find them and resolve them..

I 'think' its

connect to stream
get stream components
for each component get change history
for each element in the change history
for each change
   get author from handle (or not!)

sam detweiler commented Feb 24 '14, 8:56 p.m.

actually wasn't hard at all.

the data says the problem isn't what we suspected.. still not sure what it is yet tho

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 24 '14, 10:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you said "no one can access the files in that changeset", what did that mean?   The owner of the change set does not affect read (or write) access to the files in the change set.  When you say "deliver a change to the files to change the owner", in what sense does delivering a change to the files change the owner?

sam detweiler commented Feb 24 '14, 11:02 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '14, 11:06 p.m.

well, its an interesting problem..

on System A, with JTS A, the users in Eclipse and Web can view all the files in the stream.
after Duplicating the stream onto System B with JTS B, many users cannot access Two specific files.  (access denied or file does not exist depending on web or eclipse ui).  I as JazzAdmin can, and so I loaded the stream, and changed the files (added a space), and delivered them back.

now everyone can access those two files just fine..

if I duplicate the stream from A to B again, the two files are not accessible in the new copy.
I think it has something to do with the Contributor handle on the changeset.. as the user doesn't exist on system B.   There IS a user with the same Email address, but the Name displays differently in the change history than in that users user record.

but I just realized I could just as easily just debug the darned thing.. have the source and can launch an eclipse to view the repository files with that users credentials and see where the problem is. its some failure on the open action.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 25 '14, 9:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is probably an issue better handled in a work item than in a forum question.
Sam: If you have time/interest, please submit a defect work item on this (and please subscribe me to it), so we can figure out what's going on here (I'm not aware of any reason why you should be seeing this behavior).

sam detweiler commented Feb 25 '14, 9:37 a.m.

thanks.. we have a pmr open.   my console app can now retrieve the file content.

need to figure out what errors I could capture when run under the users context who experiences the problem 

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments