It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions of administrator of project area?

Yvo Van Wezemael (91012) | asked Dec 12 '12, 8:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What exactly are the permissions of a user being administrator for a project area but NOT member of the project area?

I searched through documentation and forum but still got no satisfying answer to this question.

Thanks
Yvo

Accepted answer

permanent link
Joseph Salomone (25613) | answered Dec 12 '12, 4:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 12 '12, 5:21 p.m.
Administrators have the "Process"->"Save Project Area" permission. This gives them access to Overview, Timelines, Roles, Permissions, Preconditions & Follow-up Actions, Iteration Types, Access Control, and Email Template tabs.   
Yvo Van Wezemael selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Dec 12 '12, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 12 '12, 8:57 a.m.
to my understanding, the permissions under
Process Configuration > Project Configuration > Permissions
and
Process Configuration > Team Configuration > Permissions
apply to the members of the Project (Project / Team Area)

and an admin (non-member) can do all the administering activities at the repository level, ike adding users to the repository, configuring the repo to various db/app/ldap configuraitons...

and an admin (non-member) will still be unable to perform actions within the project area controlled by the Permitted Actions under Permissions.

Comments
Yvo Van Wezemael commented Dec 12 '12, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This mostly aligns to my experiments beside that - from my experience - an administrator behave regarding project/team permissions like a member with no role assigned (aka "Everyone").

I would really like to have a confirmation on this and also a better understanding what exactly the administrative activities are...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.