It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions of administrator of project area?

Yvo Van Wezemael (91012) | asked Dec 12 '12, 8:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What exactly are the permissions of a user being administrator for a project area but NOT member of the project area?

I searched through documentation and forum but still got no satisfying answer to this question.

Thanks
Yvo

Accepted answer

permanent link
Joseph Salomone (25613) | answered Dec 12 '12, 4:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 12 '12, 5:21 p.m.
Administrators have the "Process"->"Save Project Area" permission. This gives them access to Overview, Timelines, Roles, Permissions, Preconditions & Follow-up Actions, Iteration Types, Access Control, and Email Template tabs.   
Yvo Van Wezemael selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Dec 12 '12, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 12 '12, 8:57 a.m.
to my understanding, the permissions under
Process Configuration > Project Configuration > Permissions
and
Process Configuration > Team Configuration > Permissions
apply to the members of the Project (Project / Team Area)

and an admin (non-member) can do all the administering activities at the repository level, ike adding users to the repository, configuring the repo to various db/app/ldap configuraitons...

and an admin (non-member) will still be unable to perform actions within the project area controlled by the Permitted Actions under Permissions.

Comments
Yvo Van Wezemael commented Dec 12 '12, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This mostly aligns to my experiments beside that - from my experience - an administrator behave regarding project/team permissions like a member with no role assigned (aka "Everyone").

I would really like to have a confirmation on this and also a better understanding what exactly the administrative activities are...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.