It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding and deleting test cases from the current test suite execution console

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Dec 06 '12, 10:09 a.m.
Hi

I have a Test suite created and 10 test cases added in the suite
Started execution, after that some new requirement came and I have created some new test cases . I also need to add those in current test suite execution.
Similarly need to delete some test cases from the current test suite execution console. How to do that?
 I have tried, but total test case count in test suite result is not getting updated.

Any suggestion ??

3 answers

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Dec 07 '12, 8:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After starting test suite execution, even you add test case to test suite, current suite execution will not have any effect. You can cancel the current test suite execution and start the suite execution again.
If you cancel one test case execution from the suite execution, whole suite execution will be canceled

permanent link
anoop mc (74811191221) | answered Dec 07 '12, 8:43 a.m.
Hi Rajesh,

The concept is very simple - Each time you run a Test ( TestCase / TestSuite) it creates a new Test Execution Record (TER).

In your case above , as Subhajit suggested go to TestSuite > re add the testcases . Run the TestSuite .This will create a new TER record.

Hope it is clear

Comments
Pramod Chandoria commented Dec 07 '12, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

One clarification
"The concept is very simple - Each time you run a Test ( TestCase / TestSuite) it creates a new Test Execution Record (TER)."

No that is not true. I think Anoop meant Testcase/Test Suite Result . Each execution creates new Result

Rajesh Avanthi commented Dec 12 '12, 12:40 p.m.

Thanks for your inputs.
Say for example there are  10 testcase within a TestSuite...
Before the start of test suite execution, you see an option to exclude or include the testcases..
Lets assume that I have included 10testcases and started the execution. During the process of execution, I notice that the 5th Testcase is failed and I want to exclude it during the runtime. (I suspect this is not possible as we have to cancel the entire TestSuite execution).
We can re-run the failed testcase seperately and include it in the same Testsuite during the 2nd attempt of executing the TestSuite.

If this is correct, i believe there would be two TSER's created. 1st execution result displaying the execution of 10 testcases and 2nd execution which includes the corrected failed testcase.
So in RQM is there a way where in we say that since we are selecting the same TestSuite executed twice, only one TSER result gets created.
Ie; The 2nd execution results gets appended to the first result (TSER) ?? instead of 2 TSERs getting created??? 

permanent link
Yiannis Koultzis (113) | answered Sep 11 '18, 7:11 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.