It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding whole team as subscribers

Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | asked Oct 28 '08, 3:56 a.m.
Is there a way to add a whole team as subscribers to a work item? We have a special team that needs to be subscribed to certain work items so they can be notified if an item has been created or modified. Currently only users are able to be added to the subscribers list.

Tangent to the original query, how does the RTC team monitor new work items created in the bug tracking site? Is the monitoring done manually (certain users run a query at certain intervals) or is there an automatic notification sent everytime a new item has been created?

ciao!

4 answers

permanent link
Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Oct 28 '08, 5:35 a.m.
Yes, you can drag the team area from "Team Artifacts" on the Quick Information section of a opened work item to subscribe the entire team.

Regarding notification: The event log in Team Central informs about newly created work items for the team as well as about changes via newsfeeds. Every team member gets subscribed to these feeds automatically. In addition you can add alert notifications from preferences (General | Notifications).

permanent link
Darin Swanson (3161) | answered Nov 13 '08, 11:38 a.m.
Dragging the team area over the Subscribers section within the Work Item
editor will add all of the team members as subscribers.

New work item notifications will be presented in the Event Log section of
Team central based on the feeds configured for that section.

Darins
Jazz Process Team

"ramfree17" <ramfree17> wrote in message
news:ge6gmb$ggn$1@localhost.localdomain...
Is there a way to add a whole team as subscribers to a work item? We
have a special team that needs to be subscribed to certain work items
so they can be notified if an item has been created or modified.
Currently only users are able to be added to the subscribers list.

Tangent to the original query, how does the RTC team monitor new work
items created in the bug tracking site? Is the monitoring done
manually (certain users run a query at certain intervals) or is there
an automatic notification sent everytime a new item has been created?

ciao!

permanent link
Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | answered Jun 15 '09, 6:10 a.m.
Is there a way for me to get a handle on a team area that I am not a member? The usage scenario is that I need to log a ticket against a support team and I want their whole team to be included in the subscribers list.

ciao!

permanent link
Andrea Perniciano (33) | answered Feb 09 '13, 12:25 p.m.
Hi all,
in the web client I'm facing a problem on dragging: it doesn't work neither dragging on QuickInfo nor in Subscribed by ...

My users will work almost only with the web client, and having no way to add a whole team area would be unconfortable for them

Ciao ! :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.