It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I change the plan view on the process configuration?

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Dec 05 '12, 3:28 a.m.
Hi,
I've customize a plan view (the work breakdown and schedule view of formal project management) in my project area adding some custom attribute on the column displayed. But if I create a process template from this project area and then create a new project area from this template these changes are not shown and I have always the default view.

How can I set the process configuration source in order to change a plan view?

Thanks,
Michele.

One answer

permanent link
Morten Madsen (3053149) | answered Dec 05 '12, 6:56 a.m.
I think you need to "promote" your plan mode. Go to "process configuration" -> "project configuration" -> "configuration data" -> "planning" -> "plan modes" and then select your plan mode. It should have a small "person icon" next to it denoting that this change is only local to the current project instance, and not part of the process yet.

Then you click the "promote" icon in the top of the list. Note, you now have to officially attach the plan mode to a plan type (e.g. a Product Backlog), by going to "plan types" in the same configuration menu, and the "add" your custom plan mode.

This should make your mode part of the process template.

Note that I have problems with promoting changes in an already promoted plan mode, the forum question is here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/95982/plan-mode-changes-lost-when-promoting-the-plan-mode

Comments
Michele Pegoraro commented Dec 05 '12, 8:45 a.m.

I've tried but I got this error: the plan mode cannot be promoted because it defines a tree/Kanban display

I don't have any idea of what can this mean...

Morten Madsen commented Dec 05 '12, 9:13 a.m.

Hi, yes, I know that one. If you edit the "work breakdown" which has the "tree view" selected (you can see this selection if you edit a view and look on the left side). Try to select "flat", or try to copy the "Ranked" view, and then make changes to this copy. This should work.

ps. I think that I tried to edit the "work breakdown" view, and switched it to "flat", but I still got the error message. Try copying the "Ranked" view, as I suggested.

Morten Madsen commented Dec 07 '12, 6:31 a.m.

did it work?

Michele Pegoraro commented Dec 17 '12, 8:34 a.m.

I'm not sure I've understand. In when I try to edit the Work Breakdown I can see the "Tree" voice on Display, but I can only change it to Taskboard or Kanban. On the other hand I don't have any Ranked view but probably because I am in a Formal Project template based project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.