It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple streams required?

Meghna Desai (112) | asked Dec 04 '12, 11:09 p.m.

Hi,

In a project there are multiple team area and I have requirement that members of the team area can only checkin to the components assigned to the team area where team member belongs.

All the team area belongs to one project area.

Do I have to create respective streams for each team area or is there a way where I can restrict user to checkin to components belonging to other team area (in this case there will be only one stream). Version of RTC is 2.0.

Thanks for help.

Regards

4 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Dec 04 '12, 11:45 p.m.
Hi Meghna,
                   You can restrict access on streams to certain team area - by assigning it as the owner of the stream. I am not very sure about v2.0 - just try.

Thanks.

Comments
Meghna Desai commented Dec 05 '12, 12:28 a.m.

As there are multiple team areas, I can’t assign one particular team area as owner. The owner of stream is project area.

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Dec 05 '12, 12:40 a.m.
Have you tried restricting via component ownership?

Comments
Meghna Desai commented Dec 05 '12, 12:50 a.m.

You can restrict component to team area but can’t deliver the changes because team area is not owner of stream.

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Dec 05 '12, 1:00 a.m.
I mean restrict component to team area and make project are as owner of the stream. Whats the behaviour in this case?

Comments
Meghna Desai commented Dec 05 '12, 1:27 a.m.

The behaviour is that member of the team area can check in their work but canot deliver the changes to stream.

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Dec 05 '12, 1:31 a.m.
Any error? Can you check their access at project area - level as well? Could be that they do not have code deliver access to the project area

Comments
Meghna Desai commented Dec 05 '12, 1:46 a.m.

Error is:

"Deliver change sets modify/stream/deliver/changesets"

The user is added at team areal level only and not at project level. User is not at project level otherwise user will be able to access (load and deliver) components that belong to other team areas.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.