It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get past a Bugzilla Import OOM?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Dec 03 '12, 12:20 a.m.
I'm importing from Bugzilla into RTC 3.0.1 using the Import wizard (File -> Import).
I've successfully imported 31 of my 32 work items, but I have one that I get an Out of Memory error on.  I'm wondering what the best way is to get around this situation.  It looks like it has multiple comments and several attachments.

Susan

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Dec 03 '12, 1:24 a.m.

I'll add that I have restarted my server (to clear things out) and went to a different machine and tried the import, same failure.  Watching the windows task manager, it looks like the eclipse process gets to about 500 meg and then I get the OOM consistently.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Dec 03 '12, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can try increasing the amount of memory for your JVM by editing your eclipse.ini.

You'll have to change the Xmx flag to a higher maximum limit. I believe the default is 512 so that explains why your eclipse process gets the OOM around 500. You're looking for a setting like this:

-Xmx512m
Susan Hanson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Dec 04 '12, 12:30 a.m.

Thanks .. I've up'd it to a gig and still gets an OOM.  I only have 3g on this laptop, so I'll have a colleague of mine try it on their 8gig machine next week.

Thanks.

Tim Mok commented Dec 04 '12, 9:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you still get an error, I recommend opening a defect against Work Items. There might be something about that last work item that is causing the OOME.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.