It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jazz configuratuion

nityananda sahu (111111) | asked Dec 02 '12, 4:48 a.m.
retagged Dec 13 '12, 2:10 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
 Hi
 i am configuring jazz   team server where i have to congure oracle.  i  am creating  a new table space  but i  am unable to know which dbf file location i  ll provide  while creating a new tablespace.please suggest me.

2 answers

permanent link
Gail Burati (611) | answered Dec 06 '12, 5:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi -

When I configure Oracle for Jazz, I typically have the dbf file location be under the database storage directory. For example, if I create a database GDBFVT3014 with storage at:

C:\app\Administrator\oradata\GDBFVT3014

then my sqlplus tablespace creation statement for the JTS tablespace looks like this:

CREATE TABLESPACE JTS_TBS DATAFILE 'C:\app\Administrator\oradata\GDBFVT301\JTS_TBS.DBF'
SIZE 1G AUTOEXTEND ON EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL AUTOALLOCATE;

This way, all the storage for the database is in one directory structure.

Let me know if that was the information you were looking for. There is additional information on setting up an Oracle database for Jazz applications here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_s_server_installation_setup_oracle.html

Sincerely,

Gail

permanent link
anoop mc (74811199221) | answered Dec 07 '12, 8:54 a.m.
Hi,

Please refer to the below link where the ORACLE configuration is explained in detail.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/09/oracledatabasewithrationalqualitymanager/index.html

Comments
Gail Burati commented Dec 13 '12, 11:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that this DeveloperWorks article contains some details that are specific to the 2.X version of RQM and RTC.

For example, note that rather than a fixed <installDir>/server/oracle directory, for 3.X and 4.X versions of RQM and RTC, you should set the environment variable ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE to the full path of your ojdbc driver jar file.

Note also that the ojdbc driver files for RQM and RTC 3.X releases is: ojdbc5.jar
and for RQM and RTC 4.X releases: ojdbc6.jar.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.