It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When creating the Data Warehouse manually in Oracle using the More Control Over Oracle Warehouse wiki, do we need to run the User Creation step (Step2) as well?

Sudheer Rugbeer (11521632) | asked Jun 13 '13, 6:09 a.m.
Hi,

I am setting up the Data Warehouse for CLM 4.0.1 using an Oracle Database. The tablespace location is on an ASM location, so I have followed the instructions on the wiki article https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/MoreControlOverTheOracleDataWarehouseSetup to manually configure the DW.

I am following the instructions for point #5 under "What do you want to do?" i.e. The tablespace is not on the local filesystem.
However, the instructions say to only read and execute the statements in Step 1 (Tablespace Create) (which has been done), and then change the property com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.automatic.setup to false (which has also been done).
It then says to run the repotools-jts to create the DW tables which I have run but get the following error:
(PS. This error was asked in a previous forum question, but no resolution was provided)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA= CONFIG
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.internalExecuteSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:247)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.executeSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:113)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.oracle.internal.OracleDataWarehouseDbProvider.createDataWarehouseCoreTables(OracleDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:31)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
    at $Proxy441.createDataWarehouseCoreTables(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService$1.run(RemoteDatabaseService.java:141)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService$5.run(RemoteDatabaseService.java:254)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:381)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.write(RemoteDatabaseService.java:244)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.createRemoteSchemas(RemoteDatabaseService.java:130)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
    at $Proxy412.createRemoteSchemas(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.CreateDataWarehouseCommand.execute(CreateDataWarehouseCommand.java:18)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01435: user does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
2013-06-10 11:43:50,284 CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected.

However, the instructions then say to refer to the "Modifying the Tablespace creation step" section.
In this section, it says: In 4.0 and beyond, you will also need to manually run step 2.

Step 2 here is to manually create the User/Schema, but it says:

This step is informational only. Do not manually execute any of the statements below unless instructed by IBM support.

So do I need to do this step as well?

Thanks in advanced!
Sudheer

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Jun 13 '13, 7:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 13 '13, 7:59 a.m.
Hi Sudheer, You will need to do Step 1- create tablespaces and Step 2 - create users.
Then add the following line to jts teamserver.properties:  com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.automatic.setup = false
This property skips the Tablespace and User creation.

From your description, it looks like you did Step 1 and added the line to teamserver.propertiesTry creating the users, then run the repotools-jts -createWarehouse
Hope that helps.Sandy
Sudheer Rugbeer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudheer Rugbeer commented Jun 13 '13, 10:13 a.m.

Hi Sandy,

Yes this helped! I had initially did Step 1, updated the teamserver.properties, and then ran repotools.
I had now requested to the DBA to create the Users (as per Step 2), and I managed to get the warehouse tables created now without any error.

Thanks!

Sandy Grewal commented Jun 13 '13, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Great :) 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.