It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to generate a report based on an attribute created on ER

Vijay Sivashankar (111317) | asked Nov 30 '12, 3:27 p.m.
 I have created an attribute with 3 values for ERs.
1) New
2) Previous Sprint
3) Previous Release

We want to separate the regression runs from the new test cases. A test case would be new in one sprint and regression in the next sprint. So we can't identify this parameter in the test case level. So I am doing this classification in the ER level. But I am not sure how I can generate dashboard reports based on this criteria?

One answer

permanent link
Yong Hao Zhou (561) | answered Dec 03 '12, 4:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vijay, for the dashboard report, the default OOTB birt report doesn't support the customized attributes. If you have the solid requirement to get these data in report, we recommend to design and use RRDI cognos report to design for this customization cases, birt is not a good choice for this case.

For your case, how about copying the existing regression test cases into new sprint without adding such attribute? Since as you mentioned the test cases are new in next sprint, you can copy these test cases and use test case to filter the ERs. Hope it makes sense. 

Comments
Vijay Sivashankar commented Dec 03 '12, 9:07 a.m.

Copying test cases is not an option with the way we are managing our test plans. We want to have one test case appear only once in a test plan.

I will need to look into RRDI reports then.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.