It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to extract the link between Defect and Requirements when RTC and RQM are integrated?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Nov 30 '12, 2:04 a.m.
edited Nov 30 '12, 3:11 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 I have a scenario where I have integrated RTC 2.0.0.2 and RQM 2.0. As known, Defects are raised in RTC and Requirements are raised in RQM. Is there any way we can link the 2 so that we can extract a report that shows the defects and the requirements they are associated to?

Comments
Scarlett Li commented Dec 27 '12, 3:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Would your team upgrade the RQM recently? in RQM 3.x and later, when defect are created during a test execution, if there are defect created, a link between requirement (which linked to the test case) and defect will be automaticly created.

Hope this helps,
Scarlett 

5 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 30 '12, 6:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Maria,
Typically, people manage their requirements in RRC (Rational Requirements Composer) and manage their test cases in RQM (Rational Quality Manager).  Did you mean RRC?  If so, one option is to add the Requirements Tracing widget (in the Requirements Management catalog) to your dashboard.  You can configure it to show the requirements that have the Affected By link type, which will show requirements affected by defects.

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Dec 26 '12, 7:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Maria,
I apologize for the delayed response.  I've been away from the office.  Can you describe how you're using RQM to manage your requirements?  What artifact type are you using?

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Dec 27 '12, 3:20 a.m.

No issues, thanks for your response.
We are using workitem type as Requirement to maintain requirements in RQM.

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Dec 27 '12, 3:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Would your team upgrade the RQM recently? in RQM 3.x and later, when defect are created during a test execution, if there are defect created, a link between requirement (which linked to the test case) and defect will be automaticly created.

Hope this helps,
Scarlett 

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Dec 27 '12, 3:34 a.m.

Thanks Scarlett. This helps. Yes, we are planning to migrate soon so this will be resolved I hope.

Scarlett Li commented Dec 27 '12, 3:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad to know =) 

permanent link
Maria Amalan (784164) | answered Oct 03 '13, 2:44 a.m.
I have a related question. We are now using the CLM 4.0.2 where test cases are maintained in QM and defects are raised in CCM. Now, there is no default report that gives us the integrated report - that displays the list of test cases belonging to a Test Plan along with the defects raised against each test case. This is a very critical report but we have not been able to find a way to get this. Can anyone please help me?
I have tried to create a query in CCM to extract the defects along with the Affects Test Results attribute. I am able to view the affected TERs in RQM but when I export it to a CSV file, nothing is seen.

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 10 '13, 6:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Maria,

In rqm, the test cases impacted by defects report will show you the test cases that have defects associated with them.  I am able to export the report to Excel format successfully.

Another option is to create a query in ccm to check for the Affects Test Result link.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.